Re: Auto Fill Comments

From: tomas
Subject: Re: Auto Fill Comments
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 09:58:28 +0100

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 02:49:37AM +0100, Christopher Dimech wrote:

> > Sent: Monday, November 30, 2020 at 2:06 AM
> > From: "Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor"
> > <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
> > To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> > Subject: Re: Auto Fill Comments
> >
> > Christopher Dimech wrote:
> >
> > > The problem starts with actually trying to do something after
> > > deciding to give elisp a try. Very often this requires a lot of
> > > emacs specific knowledge [...]

> > Like every computer system, there isn't any method except use the
> > darn thing every day and learn something new every day.
>
> Learning by doing.  Sounds like an episode from M.A.S.H. :)

Actually yes, I concur witn Emanuel here. Many human activities (and
the more complex, the merrier) involve a part which might be called
"craft" -- something you can learn only by trying, failing, trying
again. This applies uniformly to proving math theorems, cooking,
driving a bike -- and to bending Emacs to your will.

The manual can't do this part for you :-)

Cheers
 - t