Removing line and column number settings from some buffers

From: daniela-spit
Subject: Removing line and column number settings from some buffers
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2020 16:34:49 +0100

Am trying to set my diary but do not want to have the typical
line and column numbers (had set thew with setq in init file).

Would like to put them to nil but only to some specific buffer
only.

Have started with a function but not so much aware of what I
have got to do.

(defun column-line-number ()

  (make-local-variable 'line-number-mode)
  (make-local-variable 'column-number-mode)

  (setq line-number-mode nil)
  (setq column-number-mode nil))

Thank you
Daniela