Re: Toggle appointment notification

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Toggle appointment notification
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2020 01:54:11 +0300

* Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> [2020-12-03 01:37]:
> Jean Louis wrote:
>
> > (+ 2 2)
> > 4
> >
> > Otherwise in any buffer one could bind eval-print-last-sexp to
> > a key to get same effect, then undo to delete it.
>
> Not sure I follow 100 as usual, _but_ if you want/need to delete
> after insert, instead just do C-x C-e for `eval-last-sexp' and
> for (+ 2 2) this
>
>   4 (#o4, #x4, ?\C-d)
>
> becomes visible in the echo area.
>
> That way the buffer remains unmodified as well.

Sure. There are many cases where evaluation in buffer helps to insert
text into buffer. I am writing consulting related emails since
decades. Sometimes real time information has to be fetched,
recalculated and English or other language sentences constructed in
the buffer and expressions may not be repetitive or already defined as
functions. That is where inserting into buffer helps.

It also helps when analyzing as visibility in the buffer is better
then short message display in the minibuffer.