Re: Toggle appointment notification

From: Pankaj Jangid
Subject: Re: Toggle appointment notification
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2020 08:49:10 +0530

> May I ask for what kind of stuff you are going to use diary and
> appointments?  I ask because I am developing enhancements for these
> things and am curious how much other people's usage would profit from
> it.

Jumping into the discussion because I am also interested in the Diary
enhancements. I use Diary, but most of my use-cases require integrations
with other things.

My diary file is almost empty and it has just this entry:

#include "google-diary"

My work account is on Google Workspace so I use a python script[1] to
synchronise `~/.config/emacs/google-diary' with my work calendar. And
then `(setq org-agenda-include-diary t)'. This shows one month of data
from my work calendar in the org-agenda. This also appears in emacs
calendar as well.

Second integration is with `ebdb'. I rarely using external packages and
this is one of them. I you have saved anniversaries in ebdb. They will
appear in the calendar (and org-agenda) via diary.

So I am interested in two enhancements:

1. CalDav support so that I don't have to depend on external scripts.

2. Inclusion of `ebdb' into core emacs.

Footnotes:
[1]  https://github.com/jangid/gcal_to_emacs_diary. This script will
     require some setup on https://cloud.google.com. i.e. create a
     project, get the client credentials and enable calendar API access
     for the project. Put credentials.json beside the python script.