Re: How to open full window programmatically?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: How to open full window programmatically?
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2020 11:58:52 +0300

* Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> [2020-12-03 11:08]:
> Jean Louis wrote:
>
> > My uptime is 2 days and 11 hours, and all states got chaned
> > and are weird. It is like dream.
>
> Don't do that, at least don't make it a habit. 2d 11h w/o food
> no problem. 2d 11h w/o sleep -> psychosis ahead.

My personal uptime is much longer even though I go into sleep-mode
from time to time. I was referring to (emacs-uptime). Something
changes after about 1 day and we have memory leak bug trying to debug
on bug mailing list.

But it was not the cause why I cannot open up full window
programmatically.

> No, I mean state that is relevant to that particular function...

I said that it could not be turned off or changed. Function was
possible to be invoked, I would get "disabled" or I would get
indicators that it was changed but it was not really changed.

If input method was german-postfix the C-\ would visibly change
indicator from DE to U and german-postifx remained engaged like I did
not change it.

> > I do not think it is that easy under this environment where
> > I am, you may not have it.
>
> Again, nothing around that function should matter, unless you
> want it to. It is just a function. f(x) = y
>
> x here are explicit arguments but also what you call the
> environment, sure. But only that data from the environment that
> _you_ choose that function f should extract and act upon!

Not correct, I have not chosen wrong behavior of software in any
relation to input methods. I have chosen to turn it off and control
was lost. I have chosen to turn off symon-mode and though I got
"disabled" message it was not turned off, it continued running. It did
not happen in last 2 months or ever before.