Re: Semantic Bovinator, where is it?

From: Tim Visher
Subject: Re: Semantic Bovinator, where is it?
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2020 15:50:33 -0500

On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 3:00 PM Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> wrote:

> * Tim Visher <tim.visher@gmail.com> [2020-12-03 22:10]:
> > Not 100% sure on this but I believe you're looking for `M-x find-library
> > RET semantic`.
>
> Maybe is that what is meant with it. I cannot find "Bovinator" inside.
>
> That Wikipage may contain useful references but most useful one to
> find the actual software is not there.

Examining git history (`git log -Sovinator`) it looks like this was
imported from the CEDET tree 11 years ago. The `bovinator` portion is
maintained in `bovine.el` and there's supposedly another generator called
Wisent maintained in `wisent.el`.

I would bet that there's more interesting history in the CEDET tree for all
of these files.

I'm sure you've found the included `Semantic` manual in your emacs distro
as well if you're trying to familiarize yourself with this system for
whatever reason?