Re: Toggle appointment notification

From: pietru
Subject: Re: Toggle appointment notification
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2020 00:59:06 +0100

> Sent: Friday, December 04, 2020 at 12:03 AM
> From: "Michael Heerdegen" <michael_heerdegen@web.de>
> To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> Subject: Re: Toggle appointment notification
>
> pietru@caramail.com writes:
>
> > Fair enough, but the response could easily be interpreter to be
> > addressed to us rather than to every emacs user.  I understand we
> > asked for points of view, but that was after Michael informed us that
> > he was planning some work on diary appointments and he asked me for
> > suggestions on our planned use and strategy.  Emanuel confirmed that
> > changes will became part of the official release.
>
> I'm sorry, but there was some misunderstanding.  I'm a user of calendar,
> diary, org and diary, and plan to donate some related stuff to Gnu
> Elpa.  I dunno to what Emanuel answered.

He said to me that changes will be Gnu Software.  I know Gnu Elpa
is a Package Archive, but not familiar with the details.

For official purposes, we would like to record what we use as part
of the Official Gnu Software.  Else, a lot of questions will be asked
and would have to answer to.

> I'm interested in making diary expressions more common and useful.  I
> want to have something better than appointments, and a better
> integration of these things with Org.  But I'm not an Org developer.

I will have to see who is involved with what, but understand if you are
not an org developer.  Would this mean we concentrate on Diary and Calendar?
I think the work was done quite long ago, and interest in them stopped.