Re: Programmatically maximize Emacs during startup?

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Programmatically maximize Emacs during startup?
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2020 08:38:38 +0100

On Fri, Dec 04 2020, David Masterson wrote:
> I'm an old Emacs from before window systems, so I do most of my work in
> one (maybe two) frames on my laptop.  Old eyes don't see as well as they
> used to, so I invariably use a slightly larger font and hit the maximize
> button.  I've configured my font -- now how do I maximize from within my
> startup file.

I have the following line in my `~/.emacs.d/early-init.el`:

    (add-to-list 'default-frame-alist '(fullscreen . maximized))

It works in `~/.emacs.d/init.el` as well, but then the frame is first drawn and
subsequently maximised. In `early-init.el`, you only see the maximised frame.

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments