Re: Programmatically maximize Emacs during startup?

From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: Programmatically maximize Emacs during startup?
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2020 20:21:09 -0800

David Masterson <dsmasterson92630@outlook.com> writes:

> Joost Kremers <joostkremers@fastmail.fm> writes:
>
>> On Fri, Dec 04 2020, David Masterson wrote:
>>> I'm an old Emacs from before window systems, so I do most of my work in
>>> one (maybe two) frames on my laptop.  Old eyes don't see as well as they
>>> used to, so I invariably use a slightly larger font and hit the maximize
>>> button.  I've configured my font -- now how do I maximize from within my
>>> startup file.
>>
>> I have the following line in my `~/.emacs.d/early-init.el`:
>>
>>     (add-to-list 'default-frame-alist '(fullscreen . maximized))
>>
>> It works in `~/.emacs.d/init.el` as well, but then the frame is first drawn
>> and
>> subsequently maximised. In `early-init.el`, you only see the maximised
>> frame.
>
> Neat!

Not so neat -- early-init.el?  It doesn't work for me and I don't see it
documented in Emacs v26.3 Info files.  I assume this is a file run after
site-init.el, but before init.el, but it's not documented.

Also, I think initial-frame-alist is better for me as my initial frame
is my main work area and other frames are temporary popup references.
Setting this in my .emacs works as you said.

Thanks for the pointer.
--
David Masterson