RE: Which modifier to use?

From: arthur miller
Subject: RE: Which modifier to use?
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2020 00:58:01 +0000

NP, THX!

-------- Originalmeddelande --------
Från: TRS-80 <lists.trs-80@isnotmyreal.name>
Datum: 2020-12-05 23:59 (GMT+01:00)
Till: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Ämne: Re: Which modifier to use?

> On 2020-12-05 17:34, arthur miller wrote:
>
>> TRS-80 wrote:
>>
>> I think it is little known that you can define keys in this way, I
>> learned it while setting up which-key.  If you use that package, the
>> car of the alist will appear as the description, allowing you to
>> create sort of poor man's menu system.  :)
>
> Thanks!
>
> Yes, I use which-key,  but I certainly didn't know I could define keys
> with descriptions. Not sure I have use for it immediately, but
> interesting indeed!

Just be aware there is a specific order that things need to go[0]:

(setq which-key-enable-extended-define-key t)
(require 'which-key)
(define-key [...])
(which-key-mode)

Above is only for which-key purposes.  Doing define-key in that alist
style as my first email is supported by vanilla define-key (or so I
learned).

Cheers,
TRS-80

[0] https://github.com/justbur/emacs-which-key/issues/263