Re: Jumping from one position to other position

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Jumping from one position to other position
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2020 04:12:18 +0200

On 05.12.2020 20:23, Jean Louis wrote:
All the time I have to jump from one function to other function. What
I used so far is C-SPC C-SPC to leave mark at the point and deactivate
it. Then I can jump to other places and come back with C-u SPC.

What I would like is to keep somehow automatically source position as
new mark, when I do C-u SPC at position X that I jump to position Y,
and then from Y with C-u SPC again back to X.

But Emacs does not work this way.

If anybody have better way of jumping from one place A to place B and
returning again to place A, and again to place B, let me know.

Sounds like you want something like the back-forward navigation akin to what we have in web browsers.

There are several packages that implement this. The one I've been using lately is https://github.com/boyw165/history/.