Expanding list into string within a command

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Expanding list into string within a command
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2020 22:46:26 +0300

I would like to get this function to work, to convert geographical
coordinates notation from 5d15'57.76"S 35d8'22.65"E to decimal system
by using `proj' software and I wish to make generic function that will
accept any kind of format input to avoid hard coding.

This works well on command line:

$ cs2cs -f "%.6f" +proj=latlong +datum=WGS84 +to +proj=latlong +datum=WGS84
5d15'57.76"S 35d8'22.65"E
-5.266044       35.139625 0.000000

And I know how to make it when hard coded. Here I wish to expand it
maybe with macro.

This is the invocation of the function that I would like to get
working by feeding 2 strings, first being coordinates and second the
`cs2cs' format for conversions of coordinates.

(syogm-cs2cs "5d15'57.76\"S 35d8'22.65\"E" "-f \"%.6f\" +proj=latlong
+datum=WGS84 +to +proj=latlong +datum=WGS84")

Error is:

"Rel. 6.1.0, May 15th, 2019