Re: Symbol Properties having global context

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Symbol Properties having global context
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2020 00:52:28 +0100

Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> writes:

> I got to "9.2 Defining Symbols".  It only mentions that defvar and
> defconst define a symbol as a global variable.

This is again the "global" which is the counterpart of "local variable
(in a function or `let'), not the "global" which is the counterpart of
"buffer local".

When the manual talks about a "global" variable it typically uses it in
the first meaning, apart from the few pages that speak about buffer
local variables.

Michael.