RE: tabulated-list-mode: how to activate button?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: tabulated-list-mode: how to activate button?
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2020 18:26:11 -0800 (PST)

> > I mean, do you want/need the doubled quoting of `action` here, for
> > example (also the lambda should probably not be quoted)?
>
> How do you mean double quoting?

I answered in the bug #45090 thread.  You are passing a list
by quoting it.  Nothing is trying to _evaluate_ things inside
that list - it's inappropriate to quote them.  This applies
to symbol `action', the lambda form, and the other symbols:
`font-lock-face', `link', `follow-link', and `t'.

(setq tabulated-list-entries
      '((1 ["Something"
            ("Button"
             action (lambda (b) (message "Hello"))