Re: set-frame-parameter

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Re: set-frame-parameter
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 00:26:24 +0100

On Thu, 10 Dec 2020 00:19:40 +0100 steve-humphreys@gmx.com wrote:

> Have used "emacs -Q" as instructed.
>
> Then executed the following three commands, one after the other.
>
> The last command beeps the frame to fullheight.
>
> (set-frame-parameter (selected-frame) 'fullscreen 'fullboth)
> (set-frame-parameter (selected-frame) 'fullscreen 'fullheight)
> (set-frame-size nil 58 13)

I can only reiterate that it works for me.  Perhaps your window manager
is interfering somehow.  The doc string of set-frame-size says:

  (set-frame-size FRAME WIDTH HEIGHT &optional PIXELWISE)

  Set text size of FRAME to WIDTH by HEIGHT, measured in characters.
  Optional argument PIXELWISE non-nil means to measure in pixels.  Note:
  When ‘frame-resize-pixelwise’ is nil, some window managers may refuse to
  honor a WIDTH that is not an integer multiple of the default frame font
  width or a HEIGHT that is not an integer multiple of the default frame
  font height.

FWIW I'm using xfwm4.

Steve Berman