Re: set-frame-parameter

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Re: set-frame-parameter
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 21:44:26 +0100

On Thu, 10 Dec 2020 08:13:29 -0800 (PST) Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com>
wrote:

> Do we know whether it was explicitly by design
> that you can't change the frame size when it's
> fullscreen without first turning off fullscreen?
>
> That seems odd to me, but perhaps it is by design
> and there's a good reason for it.  If not, maybe
> it should be fixed...

It seems that my observations are at odds with those of the rest of you.
Nevertheless, when I start Emacs (26-28) with -Q and type C-j after each
of the following sexps in *scratch*, I get the frame width and height
values displayed and see the frame size change accordingly:

(frame-width)
80
(frame-height)
36
(set-frame-parameter nil 'fullscreen 'fullheight)
(frame-width)
80
(frame-height)
77
(set-frame-size nil 58 13)
(frame-width)
58
(frame-height)
13

I wonder why I get these results but others don't.

Steve Berman