Re: Eww can't display Chinese characters correctly.

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: Eww can't display Chinese characters correctly.
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 22:38:33 +0800

On Mon, Dec 14, 2020 at 10:01 PM Pankaj Jangid <pankaj@codeisgreat.org> wrote:

> Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > On Ubuntu 20.10, I compiled and installed the git master version of
> > emacs. When I try to browse the web with eww, I find that all Chinese
> > characters will show as garbled.
> >
> > Any hints for fixing/solving this problem?
>
> You need ‘set-fontset-font’ to tell Emacs what font to use for the
> (language) script. Example,
>
>   (set-fontset-font t 'devanagari "Noto")
>
> This sets Noto font for Devanagari script in the default fontset. ‘t’ is
> for default fontset.

The eaf-open-browser command shipped in EAF
<https://github.com/manateelazycat/emacs-application-framework>
doesn't have this problem.

Based on my tries, EWW is pretty poor as a browser.

Regards
Theory and Simulation of Materials
Hebei Polytechnic Vocational and Technical University
NO. 552 North Gangtie Road, Xingtai, China