Re: FW: Describe keymap

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: FW: Describe keymap
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 18:08:38 +0100

Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> writes:

> Gregory Heytings via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor wrote:
>
>> Yes, it's the mailing list, because the domain name Emanuel
>> uses (zoho.eu) has a strict DMARC policy:
>>
>> $ dig +short -t txt _dmarc.zoho.eu
>> "v=DMARC1; p=reject; sp=reject; fo=0;
>> rua=mailto:dmarc.reports.eu@zoho.eu;
>> ruf=mailto:dmarc.reports.eu@zoho.eu";
>
> Ah, right, that whole story with zoho! That is also why
> I have/get the via line in the From header. Feels like
> AGES ago!
>
> There was also some big politics to it. Like Gmail trying to
> bully people not using Gmail or something?

Not really. Itʼs the various mail providers attempting to stop spam
masquerading as coming from them, which then unfortunately prevents
mailing lists from sending on your email with the original From, since
they're not your email provider. Gmail is fairly liberal, hence why my
messages donʼt get munged.

Robert

Robert