Re: Making ielm behave like a shell (getting to previous commands using

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Making ielm behave like a shell (getting to previous commands using the up-arrow key)
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 14:28:47 +0300

* Michael Heerdegen <michael_heerdegen@web.de> [2020-12-18 12:02]:
> And then, sure, edebug and the built-in debugger - they allow inspecting
> values live so there is no need to change the environment unless you
> need to save a value for later inspection or reuse.

That makes all my debugging redundant. As edebug-defun allows the same
thing but very finely grained and with more control.

Do you then do SPC and C-x C-e to evaluate or get values debugged step
by step?

Majority of my functions are small and fitting in one screen of 88
columns by 25 lines.

Debugging usually comes when function is more complicated and not
(apparently) easily split into multiple functions.