Re: how to connect emacs (gnus) to github pull-requests discussions

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: how to connect emacs (gnus) to github pull-requests discussions
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 17:36:36 +0100

>>> "YK" == Yuri Khan <yuri.v.khan@gmail.com> writes:

   > On Sat, 19 Dec 2020 at 23:04, Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> wrote:
   >> More and more code development is done by pull requests (mostly using
   >> github) One of most annoying thing for me is that I cannot use emacs
   >> more specifically gnus to access these discussions.
   >>
   >> Does somebody know either a possibility to connect gnus to github pull
   >> requests or any other emacs pkg that would allow me to connect emacs to
   >> the github pull request pages

   > Why not?

   > Github lets you subscribe to any individual issue, pull request, or a
   > whole repository.

   > If you are subscribed, Github will send you an email every time
   > someone posts a comment in that issue or pull request, or if someone
   > creates a new issue or PR in that repository.

I am talking here about, for example the german Covid 19 warn app

https://github.com/corona-warn-app/cwa-app-ios

I have a github account but not write access

   > Every such notification email has its Reply-To header set to a unique
   > email address. Any reply you send to that address will be added as a
   > comment to the corresponding issue or PR. (It will be interpreted as
   > Markdown so quoting works as expected. Just don’t overquote.)

Oops, I see

To: corona-warn-app/cwa-wishlist <cwa-wishlist@noreply.github.com>

I interpret the address «@noreply.github.com>», as *do not reply*

But indeed, I did not pay attention later on it is written

So you are right. Next time I know! thanks