ElDoc configuration advice

From: Angel de Vicente
Subject: ElDoc configuration advice
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2020 11:54:46 +0000

Hi,

I've been trying to configure ElDoc to help me while writing C code, but
somehow I cannot make it work properly for the standard libraries, so I
was hoping somebody here could give me some hints.

My setting for ElDoc right now is just:

,----
| ;;; ElDoc
| ;;; https://github.com/nflath/c-eldoc
| (add-hook 'c-mode-hook 'c-turn-on-eldoc-mode)
| (setq c-eldoc-includes "`pkg-config gtk+-2.0 --cflags` -I./ -I/..
-I/usr/include/")
`----

I modified the c-eldoc-includes variable to include /usr/include, where
stdio.h, etc. are located, but when I write a function name I always get
the message "Function doesn't exist".

Anybody here with a working ElDoc setting that can shed some light on
what I'm missing?

Many thanks,
--
Ángel de Vicente