Re: let, let*, oh, why [was: Elisp - Function returning a list]

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: let, let*, oh, why [was: Elisp - Function returning a list]
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2020 11:20:52 +0100

Jean Louis wrote:

>> https://dataswamp.org/~incal/COMP-HIST
>
> And you could make a nice Emacs package with that list where
> users could be presented a list of resources and could get
> more references to each of those.

Well, that list is just because I love computer history, text
files, and lists. [1]

I have written a toy IRC bot in Python [2] where you can run
a 'hist' command [3] with a technology or programming language
as argument and then it will answer with that line, if found.

So while I think it is fun and cool, for actual usefulness and
information retrieval any such systems will fail in
competition with the WWW... It is just programming and lists
for their own sake.

But of course, feel free to do whatever with it :)

[1] https://dataswamp.org/~incal/HYPERLIST

[2] https://dataswamp.org/~incal/#bot

[3] https://dataswamp.org/~incal/bot/scripts/hist

--