Is there way to read function invoked and its parameters?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Is there way to read function invoked and its parameters?
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2020 18:54:26 +0100

Would this concept be possible in Emacs Lisp:

(defun my-function (arg &optional arg-1 arg-2)
  (call-other-function (this-function-called parameters-to-this-function)))

Then the other function would receive something like

 (my-function ARGUMENTS)

Purpose of this is for `tabulated-list-mode' to know how to refresh
it. As the mode could be called by plethora of various ways. It would
be best if I could detect how function was called, with which
parameters and record the fact so that by the key the same function
may be called again.

Problem is not when there is one function or one report, I have
dynamic reports and varieties of reports invoked by variety of
functions and arguments.

Or maybe there is other way of doing that?

Should I just use local variables to remember the function and its
arguments so that I may invoke it from the report page?