Re: Install orgmode using its git repository.

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: Install orgmode using its git repository.
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2020 08:12:46 +0800

On Mon, Dec 28, 2020 at 12:18 AM Stefan Monnier
<monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

> BTW, you can also install the latest code from Git via package.el:
>
>     M-x url-handler-mode RET       ;; Assuming it's not already enabled
>     C-x C-f https://elpa.gnu.org/devel/org.tar RET
>     M-x package-install-from-buffer RET

If I want to implement the above codes as a package-install-from-repo
function with the pakcage's URL as the argument, then how should I
rewrite the above code?

>         Stefan
>

> Hongyi Zhao [2020-12-27 14:23:28] wrote:
> > On Ubuntu 20.10, I compiled the latest git master version of emacs,
> > but I can't the org-mode command from within it. So I try to install
> > the orgmode using its git repository according to the guidance [1] as
> > shown below.
> >
> > $ git clone https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode.git
> > Public/repo/code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode.git
> > $ cd code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode.git
> > $ make autoloads
> >
> > Then add the following lines into ~/.emacs.d/init.el:
> >
> > (add-to-list 'load-path
> > "~/Public/repo/code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode.git/lisp")
> > (add-to-list 'load-path
> > "~/Public/repo/code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode.git/contrib/lisp" t)
> >
> > But after I started emacs and issue the instructions 'M-x org- RET', I
> > see the following information in the minibuffer:
> >
> > Possible completions are:
> > org-decrypt-entries     org-decrypt-entry
> > org-encrypt-entries     org-encrypt-entry
> >
> > As you can see, the org-mode is still not available. Any hints for
> > solving this problem is highly appreciated.
> >
> > [1] https://orgmode.org/manual/Installation.html.
> >
> > Regards

Theory and Simulation of Materials
Hebei Polytechnic University of Science and Technology engineering
NO. 552 North Gangtie Road, Xingtai, China