branch feature/native-comp

From: AW
Subject: branch feature/native-comp
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 23:24:33 +0100

Hi!

OS: Linux, Tumbleweed by openSUSE

1) Is there somewhere a description of the git branches of emacs at http://
git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git ?

2) Linux on desktop is moving towards wayland. As far as I understand it
(probably completely wrong), this is done with a kind of GTK-Emacs.

There is a pure gtk feature branch, "feature/pgtk". I compiled it and it works
under "pure" wayland.

By the way, "./configure --with-native-comp" didn't work (no surprise).

But there is also a branch feature/native-comp, which doesn't work under
wayland. I checked this branch out as well, compiled it, installed it, but no
fun: At least I always get the GTK error "cannot open display: 1". But in
a x11 environment (KDE Plasma) in a short test there were no issues.

As far as I understand it, sense of the latter branch is to speed up Emacs.
And that makes me curious...

Is there a way to get this native-compiled feature into an Emacs working under
wayland?

Regards,

Alexander