Re: Why is `(1 . width)` zero?

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: Why is `(1 . width)` zero?
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 11:32:21 +0100

>>>>> On Tue, 19 Jan 2021 10:37:24 +0100, Jörg Sommer <joerg@jo-so.de> said:

    Jörg> Jörg Sommer schrieb am Mo 18. Jan, 23:23 (+0100):
    >> Robert Pluim schrieb am Mo 18. Jan, 16:06 (+0100):
    >> > Both of those work fine for me in emacs-27 under X (using DejaVu Sans
    >> > Mono Book). Does it do the same in 'emacs -Q' and in emacs compiled
    >> > from the latest emacs-27 sources?
    >>
    >> Thank you Robert for your feedback. I've tried the latest master and it
    >> works fine. Hence, there was something between 27.1 and 8f4b3b812aa. I've
    >> bisect this range and found this commit:

Ah, my emacs-27 build wasn't using Cairo, which is why I thought it
worked there.

    Jörg> Sorry, I've picked the wrong commit. This one fixes the problem and a
    Jörg> backport to 27.1 fixes it there, too.

Yes, the other one looked somewhat unlikely. This one fixes things for
me as well on emacs-27 with Cairo.

Robert