RE: [External] : Re: finding stuff

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: finding stuff
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2021 16:31:52 +0000

> > M-x info-apropos searches through many info files.
>
> I have been using emacs for decades and was unaware of this command.
> Perhaps help-for-help-internal could be improved to make it more
> discoverable.

Menus are a good way to discover things.

`Help > Search Documentation' has these menu items:

 Emacs Terminology
 Look Up Subject in User Manual
 Look Up Subject in Elisp Manual
 Look Up Key in User Manual...           C-h K
 Look Up Command in User Manual...       C-h F
 Find Commands By Name...                C-h a
 Find Options By Name...
 Find Options By Value...
 Find Any Object By Name...
 Search Documentation Strings...         C-h d

Notice the last one.

IMO it's too bad that many people have come to get
the idea that using menus is for sissies.

I think this is especially true of developers, and
of Emacs users generally.  It's misguided, IMHO.