Re: Tmux replacement or integration with Emacs.

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Tmux replacement or integration with Emacs.
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2021 09:10:52 +0100

Jean Louis wrote:

> I switch to buffers to avoid end up being lost. It may be
> that same operation causes the feeling of being lost.
> But I got used to it.
>
> In Emacs X Window Manager EXWM I will often use workspace 1
> for email, 3 for Internet browser, maybe 5 for graphics,
> shell is on workspace 9 and so on. In `screen' I will also
> sometimes designate screen numbers and remember them by
> its operation.
>
> When I really wish to remember a file, I put it in the
> register or bookmark. Like {C-x r j s} holds important file
> for me. I don't know why I like "jump to register" sometimes
> more than a simple bookmark. [...]

Okay, it is the same style. We just use different methods

I don't get lost but sometimes I need to reset - where I'm
going, right now? and _think_, before I type again.

Sometimes when I'm tired I forget what I'm doing and the
buffers displayed, looking at them, I can think of several
things I could have been doing the last couple of seconds...
if I continue then, it'll just happen more and more frequently
until it is absolutely impossible to do anything. But you are
just too tired to do anything, including stop doing
something...

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573