Re: likely ERC bug on `erc-previous-command'

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: likely ERC bug on `erc-previous-command'
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2021 07:44:37 +0100

>> In ERC, try type /n RET, then type abc and invoke
>> `erc-previous-command'
>>
>>   erc-add-to-input-ring: Wrong type argument: erc-input,
>>   "abc"
>>
>> what does that mean? `erc-next-command' works so a bug is
>> perhaps likely. I'll report it.
>
> OK, I have reported it with the same subject as this post,
> let's see what happens. The last time I reported a ERC bug
> it didn't make its way thru. But it got corrected all
> the same.

Now I know - maybe - we the bug report didn't make it far.

This -

  ;; (send-mail-function 'mailclient-send-it)

was placed in the `custom-file'! (The docstring says a lot,
but now how to disable that completely. I'll put that on the
TODO list.)

I think I have been sending mail with SMTP thru the variable
`message-send-mail-function', with `send-mail-function' unset,
setting it, set the bug reporter didn't ask.

Yes, while typing this I got a mail, the bug is filed,
bug#46339.

(progn
    (setq send-mail-function         #'smtpmail-send-it)
    (setq message-send-mail-function send-mail-function) )

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573