Re: emacs starts writing in reverse order

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacs starts writing in reverse order
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2021 15:19:07 +0200

> Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2021 15:14:57 +0200
> From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
>
> > From: Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@gmail.com>
> > Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2021 13:55:06 +0100
> >
> > not sure what the problem is, but using packaged emacs 26.3
> > (ubuntu/neon), spacemacs 0.300, I have a problem editing org mode
> > source code snippets: whenever I start a src code block, the editing
> > switches to an inderect buffer, but when I exit from the buffer to the
> > original document Emacs starts writing in the opposite direction.
> > I mean that the cursosr is fixed on the left of the line, and words
> > are typing in an append mode, so that "emacs" appears as "scame". This
> > happens only in the current buffer, other buffers do behave correctly.
> > What is happening? I suspect is something related to bidirectional
> > editing, could it be?
>
> When that happens, what is the value of bidi-paragraph-direction in
> the buffer where it happens?

Scratch that, it cannot have anything to do with your problem.

Instead, please look closely at the line where you type the text and
see if there's some hidden control character there.

Does this happen in a vanilla "emacs -Q"?  If so, can you present the
shortest recipe for reproducing the problem starting with "emacs -Q"?