Re: Is it possible to make M-C-p and M-C-n global aliases for M-down and

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Is it possible to make M-C-p and M-C-n global aliases for M-down and M-up?
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2021 19:46:03 +0100

Steinar Bang wrote:

> Is it possible to make M-C-n a global alias for M-down, and
> to make M-C-p a global alias for M-up?
>
> I.e. make them aliases across modes?

The only way I know is, set the key globally to whatever
function you want, then for every mode that has it to
something else, for that key map, set the same key to nil.

This was discussed here a while ago, but I don't remember in
what context. Anyway there were at least two suggestions how to
(semi-)automate the process.

Here is how I do it:

  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/super.el

--