Weird icomplete behavior

From: Juan José García-Ripoll
Subject: Weird icomplete behavior
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2021 09:56:06 +0100

I am trying to migrate from ido to icomplete, but I am getting weird behaviors.

* When I open Emacs, the first C-x C-f (find-file) will always show less
  directories than there are in my system, or the first completion will
  show a completely wrong option (see first attached image).

* Default options do not seem to work when I use icomplete. If I do not
  enter anything in the input buffer, instead of using the default
  advertised option, it uses the first match (if you can call it so).

Juan José García Ripoll
http://juanjose.garciaripoll.com
http://quinfog.hbar.es