Re: font-lock as a single command

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: Re: font-lock as a single command
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021 02:13:19 +0100

I do not know how good the following defun is to disable the lowering
and raising typeface.  I got it from "tex-mode.el" but do not really
know how to use it.

(defun supinf-disable-cruc (beg end)
  "Set typeface for text between BEG and END."
  (font-lock-default-unfontify-region beg end)
  (while (< beg end)
    (let ((next (next-single-property-change beg 'display nil end))
          (prop (get-text-property beg 'display)))
      (if (and (eq (car-safe prop) 'raise)
               (member (car-safe (cdr prop)) deviat-supinf)
               (null (cddr prop)))
          (put-text-property beg next 'display nil))
      (setq beg next))))