Re: message, can't find basic stuff [Elisp]

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: message, can't find basic stuff [Elisp]
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 19:44:02 +0100

Philip Kaludercic wrote:

> Perhaps message-fetch-field? It returns the value or nil if
> not found.

Yes, but it returns nil for an unset header as well, e.g.
just "To:" with no value, that also returns nil. (Which makes
sense for that function.)

>>   (message-position-on-field hdr)
>>   (message-beginning-of-line)
>>   (delete-region (point) (point-at-eol))
>>   (insert val) )
>> ;; test:
>> ;; (message-set-header "Subject" "Lara loves YOU")
>
> All I know of is message-add-header, but pass it an entire
> line, not a header-value pair.

Unbelievable all this basic stuff isn't there. Without it, how
is the software built up to begin with? It probably still
exists but with different names etc.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573