Re: Deleting files

From: TRS-80
Subject: Re: Deleting files
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 11:22:46 -0500

On 2021-02-21 18:01, michael-franzese@gmx.com wrote:
I have two directories with files, one is the "source", the other
"destination".  I would like to have a script that checks file
in "source".  If file name and size matches that at "destination",
the file at "source" is deleted.  Preferably using bash.

This may not be exactly what you are looking for, but there is also
Syncthing[0], which does continual, automatic folder synchronization
(bidirectional, or send / receive only).

The reason I mention it, is because your workflow sounds vaguely
reminiscent of how I manage my photos.

I take almost all photos on my Android phone.  They are synced (more or
less) immediately with Syncthing to my NAS at home (in reality, a small
SBC[1] running Armbian[2]).

Then nightly (automatically, via cron), I run the sortphotos Python
script, which moves the photos from the upload/sync folder into their
final locations in a date based folder tree with consistent filenames
which I call the timeline[3], along with giving them consistent filename
format.[4]

After that, I am free to add descriptions, tags, etc. on top of the base
file name.

Anyway, may or not be directly relevant, just thought I would mention it
just in case.

Cheers,
TRS-80

[0] https://syncthing.net/