Re: A ton of marker entry in buffer-und-list

From: Yuan Fu
Subject: Re: A ton of marker entry in buffer-und-list
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2021 11:04:24 -0500

> On Mar 2, 2021, at 10:53 PM, Michael Heerdegen <michael_heerdegen@web.de>
> wrote:
>
> Michael Heerdegen <michael_heerdegen@web.de> writes:
>
>> Yes, I usually rebuild daily, and tried with emacs -Q.
>
> Ok...wait.  I tried multiple times.  I "succeeded" in getting higher
> values now - 40, 60, such.  Can it be that you need to have multiple
> windows in the selected frames for this to happen?  Not winner-mode,
> just not only one window.  Or longer pauses between insertions?  Or
> using the minibuffer?  Or just repeat several times?  I'm not sure, I
> don't see a clear pattern, I get 1 marker and repeat several times and
> then suddenly 40.  Do you have a recipe that always reproduces the
> problem?

Yes, I used your function. I can’t say always, but I’ve tried 3 times and got
more than one markers every time. And the reproduce recipe is very simple, I
just emacs -q, see a one-window frame, hit q to go to scratch buffer, insert
a’s and evaluate your function. For the insertion part, I did C-5 C-0 a, RET,
C-SPC, C-p, C-SPC, C-n, M-w, C-y, C-y, C-y, … Nothing special, I think.

So I’m confused now, seems that I can reliably reproduce it but not so much on
your machine, hmmm...

Yuan