Re: alt to copy-region-as-kill for kill ring

From: Jeremie Juste
Subject: Re: alt to copy-region-as-kill for kill ring
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2021 18:11:26 +0100

On Sunday,  7 Mar 2021 at 15:42, Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs
text editor wrote:
> Jeremie Juste wrote:
>
>> When I use boomrang just after I killed something, I get the
>> same behavior as one would use C-M-w (append-next-kill
>> &optional INTERACTIVE). I was look for a way to bypass this
>> append-next-kill
>
> OK, but what would you like to happen?
I don't want the function (boomrang) to use the append-next-kill feature
at all. But I don't understand what is triggering it.
If I call the function (boomrang) just after a kill-word,
the word I have just killed is appended to the result returned by
boomrang. (To reproduce the boomrang has to be binded to a key).

This is why I said that it is similar to the (append-next-kill), when
you activate append-next-kill, it only append if the very next function call
is a kill. (see the doc of (kill-ring-save BEG END &optional REGION) for
more details).

Many thanks for your patience.
Best regards,
Jeremie Juste