Re: emacsclient and sudo

From: Luca Ferrari
Subject: Re: emacsclient and sudo
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2021 16:32:09 +0100

On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 6:48 PM Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@gmail.com> wrote:

> So far, I'm starting it normally (without sudo) and use tramp to edit
> a file with sudo, but sometimes my fingers are faster than my brain
> and I type "sudo emacs ...".

Another solution I found is to export SUDO_EDITOR variable set to
emacsclient and then use `sudo -e` to edit a file. While this works
with regard to emacsclient, it does prevent emacs to load my .emacs
configuration file.

% export SUDO_EDITOR="emacsclient -t -a ''"
% sudo -e /etc/fstab

I would like to be able to use my customizations, any idea?

Thanks,
Luca