flymake don't recognize Makefile in project root directory

From: mrf
Subject: flymake don't recognize Makefile in project root directory
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 20:07:09 +0300

hi,

I thought the normal behaviour of flymake is to search for Makefile in
current dir then parent dir and so on but in my installation (Artix GNU
& Parabola GNU distros) it only search for Makefile in current dir.

Is this the normal behaviour or what? because I see link that says it
will search for parent directories

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/22242612/where-and-how-to-create-a-makefile-for-flymake

BTW, I know flycheck is avaliable and I use it but know I want to try
flymake at this time, Also I run emacs in -Q mode and disabled all my
configs.