Re: Font lock question

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Font lock question
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 17:09:41 +0100

On Wed, Mar 17 2021, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> Indeed that won't do what you want.  You're going to have to either
> manually loop through all the matches of of aBc within the brackets, or
> use font-lock-keywords's `MATCH-ANCHORED` to do that for you.

Yes, I was afraid of that. I haven't quite figured out how that works... :D I'll
need to find some time to dive into font-lock a bit more.

> But be aware that these approaches still won't work well if the [...]
> thing can span multiple lines.

Hmm, I'm afraid that is indeed possible. Perhaps I'll keep it simple and only
font-lock the `B` part, since it can't contain any spaces and is fairly easy to
do.

Thanks for your reply.

--
Joost Kremers