Re: cannot ssh edit a file

From: Luca Ferrari
Subject: Re: cannot ssh edit a file
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 11:40:25 +0100

On Mon, Mar 15, 2021 at 5:27 PM Michael Albinus <michael.albinus@gmx.de> wrote:
> As I said several times, pls start "emacs -Q", adapt the load path to
> the GNU ELPA Tramp version, set tramp-verbose to 10, and after that try
> what you want to do.

Sorry about that, I started emacs with:

% /opt/emacs/emacs26.3/bin/emacs -Q --eval '(setq tramp-verbose 10)'

then tryied to open a file with
C-x C-f /ssh:luca@miguel:git/pgenv/bin/pgenv

and I saw tramp was still the embedded version. I then reinstalled the
2.5 version and the remote file opened.
Now I need to understand why without the -Q start option, and thus my
current emacs configuration, the same tramp version is not working.

Suggestions? I'm not attaching the log of the working session, do you
need it to understand what could cause the problem when starting emacs
without -Q?

Thanks,
Luca