Re: Finding last *Async Shell Command* buffer?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Finding last *Async Shell Command* buffer?
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 18:08:57 +0300

* Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> [2021-03-25 18:05]:
> Jean Louis wrote:
>
> > Is there way to find the last *Async Shell Command* buffer?
> >
> > Often I like running commands in background but there is
> > hundreds of buffers and it would be useful to have a command
> > to quickly change to the last one invoked.
>
> The *Buffer List* should be sorted but if you want even
> faster, tell me what these buffers are called exactly...

Well, they are called like below.

In this buffer, type RET to select the completion near point.

Possible completions are:
*Async Shell Command*   *Async Shell Command*<100>      *Async Shell
Command*<101>      *Async Shell Command*<102>
*Async Shell Command*<103>      *Async Shell Command*<104>      *Async Shell
Command*<105>      *Async Shell Command*<106>
*Async Shell Command*<107>      *Async Shell Command*<108>      *Async Shell
Command*<109>      *Async Shell Command*<10>
*Async Shell Command*<110>      *Async Shell Command*<111>      *Async Shell
Command*<112>      *Async Shell Command*<113>

but I think not the last number is really the last if any of those
buffers was killed previously.