Re: Emacs 27.1 forces a very ugly font for Cyrillic characters and I can

From: Nikolay Kudryavtsev
Subject: Re: Emacs 27.1 forces a very ugly font for Cyrillic characters and I can't override it.
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 16:34:56 +0300

By bisecting I've traced the source of the problem to d12e5d003d, which is the portable dumper integration commit. Can't really go further than that since studying that code would probably result in me worshiping some Lovecraftean god.

I've tested the 27.2 release. It's better, in that it does not force Ms Gothic at the very least, but there seems to be still a problem in that overriding the default font using the default-frame-alist does not seem to work and you're stuck with Courier New. Changing the font in the menu works.