Re: RFE: Editing string literals like org-mode?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: RFE: Editing string literals like org-mode?
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 17:25:08 +0300

* Tim Landscheidt <tim@tim-landscheidt.de> [2021-03-27 17:06]:
> - an (optional) function foo-quote for each major mode so
>   that (insert (foo-quote (read-string "String: ")))
>   inserts the input properly quoted in the current buffer,

(insert (prin1-to-string (read-string "String: "))) → "Some \"New\" string"

Is that?

> - an (optional) function foo-read-string-literal-at-point
>   that returns the dequoted string literal at point, and

Do you mean that it works on quote strings like: "Some \"New\" string"?

> - a function bound to C-c ' that edits the string literal at
>   point just like org-mode does (if the major mode provides
>   the necessary foo-quote and
>   foo-read-string-literal-at-point functions).

I have tried searching in the manual, so can you help me, is it
in source block? Or in table?

If I got it right, it would be useful to be able to edit strings
without observing quotations.