Re: Reviewing versioned backups

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Reviewing versioned backups
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 02:36:17 +0200

> This is interesting, but doesn't ~git~ fit my use-case, as I don't
> always use Git as my VCS and I use a lot of unversioned files.

You could still use Git/Magit it but it would need some setup.  You
could, for example, instruct `backup-directory-alist' to assign backups
a special directory, make it a Git repository, and instruct Emacs to
commit each new backup automatically.

I guess you might be able to use VC instead of Magit and your VCS
instead of Git to get something similar.

Michael.