Re: Best strategy to disable a touchpad on a laptop when in Emacs?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Best strategy to disable a touchpad on a laptop when in Emacs?
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 13:36:34 +0300

* Arthur Miller <arthur.miller@live.com> [2021-03-31 13:34]:
> Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:
>
> > * Arthur Miller <arthur.miller@live.com> [2021-03-31 09:33]:
> >> disable-mouse works good enough seems like, at least good enough for me,
> >> so I'll go with that. Thanks Purcell!
> >
> > OK you really wish to disable touchpad explicitly. I was thinking you
> > are finding solution to disable touchpad while typing so that palm
> > does not interfer with it.
>
> Well, yes, that is what I wanted, but only in Emacs, not in other
> applications. I don't wanna go click every now and then in some system
> dialog or something. Disable-mouse-mode does the job.

For this function:
https://endlessparentheses.com/disable-mouse-only-inside-emacs.html

- how can we turn on that minor mode this function with the first key
  typed? That would disable the touchpad during typing.

- how can we turn off that minor mode, 2 or number seconds after
  typing?

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns