Re: Why use CTL-x CTL-c to quit instead of CTL-x CTL-q?

From: Skip Montanaro
Subject: Re: Why use CTL-x CTL-c to quit instead of CTL-x CTL-q?
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2021 18:16:08 -0500

> > Correction: Sometimes I use ed to edit remote files witin M-x shell
>
> Well, of course: it's the standard text editor, after all.

I was surprised to find it wasn't installed by default on my Manjaro
system. I mean, really, what's the world coming to? ;-)

(Obviously Manjaro isn't a developer-focused Linux distro. I switched to it
for the user interface and have had to install several packages of come to
expect from other Linux distros.)

Skip