Re: Consult some suggestions for adjusting keyboard shortcuts to bind co

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: Consult some suggestions for adjusting keyboard shortcuts to bind conflicts.
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2021 08:06:35 +0100

Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> writes:

> On Ubuntu 20.04, I use fcitx input framework, which use Ctr + SPC to
> trigger input method and Saladict which use Alt + s to call its
> standalone panel.
>
> But all the above key bindings have been predefined in Emacs. Could
> you please give me some suggestions on adjusting keyboard shortcuts to
> avoid binding conflicts?

I'm not sure which way around you want to deal with the problem.

I'm presuming you want to move the mappings in Emacs that Emacs uses for
C-SPC and M-s.

Do you use Emacs in the terminal?  If you don't then things are
more flexible.  For example, you could use C-:,  C-, C-', C-= or C-+.
You could also map a super or hyper key in Emacs.

BR,
Robert Thorpe