MacOS 1015: problem with emacsforosx, does not read everything in my ini

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: MacOS 1015: problem with emacsforosx, does not read everything in my init file
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2021 20:59:58 +0200

Hi

That is a strange problem, when start emacsforosx, it seems to read and
load everything from my init file, save the following lines

(when (eq system-type 'darwin)
  (setq mac-right-option-modifier nil)
  (setq mac-right-control-modifier 'control)
  (setq mac-command-modifier 'meta)
  (setq mac-option-modifier 'super)
  (setq mac-control-modifier 'hyper)
  (setq default-directory "/Users/oub/")
  )

However when I jump to the end of the closing parenthesis and type
eval-last-sexp, the code is executed and everything is fine.

What is going on here?

Maybe a mac user knows more about that issue?

Thanks

Uwe Brauer