Re: Use regex in ~/.emacs.d/init.el to match no_proxy.

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Use regex in ~/.emacs.d/init.el to match no_proxy.
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 13:12:50 +0200

On Sun, Apr 11 2021, Hongyi Zhao wrote:
> This is just what I wonder. Why can't we let Emacs use the
> human-readable regexp string representation in its init file?

I guess the reason is "because it hasn't been implemented". There was a
suggestion recently on the emacs-devel mailing list to add a raw syntax or
regexp syntax to the Elisp reader, but nothing came of it.

In your use case, however, what I would do would be to put the call to
`regexp-opt` into my init file, not its return value. That makes it much more
readable and easier to modify if you ever need to.

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments